Spring has just bloomed here in Australia so I thought there is no better time than NOW to start something new. If you’ve just flicked over from my old blog…it’s safe to say you’ve seen me come a long way! Thank you for joining me for the next chapter…
This time of year has always been one of my favourites; with brilliant colours in nature infiltrating into clothing and food, and there being an overall electricity in the air. Pablo Neruda captured this perfectly when he wrote ‘Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.’ Translated, this means, ‘I want to do with you what spring does to the cherry trees.’
What’s on the cards for #ChicNation?
Out with the old and in with the new! When I originally established my blog in 2010 I wanted to write a book. I wasn’t exactly sure on the content though I did have an idea of what I wanted it to be about - I just needed to find a way to be the person I wanted to write about. 2010 was also, not so coincidentally, the same year I decided to make the change from my business woman life as a graphic designer to full time model (cue the beginning of my professional model career). My blog fluffed out a lot of content designed as a ‘follow me through the lens’ where I talked about as much as I could on anything relating to the work I was doing or wanted to do.
This is where my #ChicNation has evolved to - it’s not just me, me, and more me. I’ve found that this is more the person I am known as today (particularly inside the Australian fashion/model industry). Less ‘look at me and what I am doing; and how I am trying to build my profile to be just as awesome as you’ and more ‘this is me and my life - the path I have walked to get to where I am now.’
My muse for content is ’15 year old Kate.’ For more years than I care to admit (and I will elaborate more in the coming months) I lived in a vicious cycle of self doubt and insecurity that always left me questioning my worth and purpose, with my goals remaining more as dwindling day dreams. Kate ‘the model’ is the only Kate most people know. The one with the pretty hair, seemingly flawless skin, perfect husband, loving pooches and home life…you get the gist. The life I lead today hasn’t always been that way. And all these years later I’ve found that the only person holding me back - was me. If only I was there to tell me that!
So, here’s to #ChicNation. A blog with:
- All the things I wish I knew when I was a teenager!
- More of what you already know: my model work and behind the scenes action (that I’ve labelled ‘Model Insider’ for easy access to tips & tricks from the professionals. Everything from food to nourish the soul to lifestyle advice to help you lead an organised life. Why should fashion industry professionals be the only ones that know the inside scoop on how it’s done!?
- More about the charity programs I find to be worth your time as much as mine. Signs and symptoms to be on the lookout for. Events and campaigns you too will find rewarding to be involved with.
- More about my journey in developing and implementing #ChicNation as a go-to sophisticated and educational resource hub to help and inspire others in leading their ultimate happy and healthy life. A combination of personal and raw to the bone reflections from my life, with plenty of light-hearted insights as well
- An easy way to interact. Have a question or would like to provide some feedback? Easy! You can contact me here.
- An easy way to align with #ChicNation. Have a chic business or concept and would like to advertise? Fabulous! Use the form here.
- Useful links and credits to boutiques and online stores so you know where to ‘shop the look.’ Talking of online shops… Have you ever found a store where models shop for their essentials, that consumers outside of the industry also know about and can shop at? Me either. Hence the creation of Purfectly Chic - set to be the ultimate lifestyle shop for busy girls on the go. And we’re launching soon…leave your details here to receive 20% off!
It’s another magical day here in Sydney…so sit back, relax, and enjoy the wonderful weather nature has gifted us. I look forward to sharing more #ChicNation things that I love, and know you will too!!
Stay tuned lovers!
*Original image credit